Re: [Gnustep-cvs] r31864 - in /libs/gui/trunk: ChangeLog Source/NSSavePa

From: Germán Arias
Subject: Re: [Gnustep-cvs] r31864 - in /libs/gui/trunk: ChangeLog Source/NSSavePanel.m
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2011 13:02:05 -0600

On vie, 2011-01-14 at 16:11 +0100, Fred Kiefer wrote:
> Hi German,
>
> your latest patch looks very promising to me. What I didn't understand
> is the line
> +      else
> +     {
> +       [[self keyWindow] makeMainWindow];
> +     }
>
> When there is already a main Window, shouldn't we just keep that?
> I will have a closer look at the whole patch over the weekend.
>
> Thank you for your contribution
> Fred

I thought that this was necessary for the apps that were not prepared to
have the menu in window. But it was a bad argument, the problem is that
we need to save the main window in the metod -hide:, too. Otherwise the
windows are order out and we lose the main window, and method
-deactivate: don't save the main window, because there isn't. This is
the same that NSApp do for key window, save the key window at methods
-hide and -deactivate. Attached the new patch.

Regards.