Re: Issues with menu in window

From: Wolfgang Lux
Subject: Re: Issues with menu in window
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2011 10:07:59 +0100

Am 17.01.2011 um 01:49 schrieb Germán Arias:

On lun, 2011-01-17 at 00:26 +0100, Wolfgang Lux wrote:
Germán Arias wrote:

Some key shortcut don't work with menu in window. For example, with
Ink,
#w don't minimize the window, and #t don't open the font panel. But I
don't have idea about what could be the problem.

Maybe you have some menu items in the services menus using the same
shortcuts?

It is true, I had not noticed, there are entries with the same keyboard shortcuts in services. Still, when the menu is vertical, these shortcuts
work. This is, #t open the font panel and #m minimize the window.

I was recently hit by the same problem (though with different key equivalents) with Macintosh style menus. The problem is that menus are traversed in depth first order when looking for a matching key equivalent and the order is different for OpenStep like menus, where the Services menu is traversed nearly at the end, and horizontal menus, where it is traversed very early. As a (short term) remedy, I have committed a fix in svn to always process the services menu last.

Wolfgang