GNUstep + libicu on Windows

From: Stefan Bidi
Subject: GNUstep + libicu on Windows
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2011 09:57:56 -0600

Over the past 2 days I've made some major progress in compiling libicu on mingw.  ICU doesn't officially support mingw, but I was able to find a patch at openttd.org and modify it for our needs.  Currently it compiles and gnustep-base is able to link against it.  Most of the testsuite tests pass, but a few crash and others fail.  This, however, is true about a lot of the tests, not just the ones that need libicu.

In any case, if you're going try it out, and I recommend you do (very exciting stuff), you'll need the attached patch and configure will need these directives: "--prefix=/mingw --libdir=/mingw/bin --disable-strict".

Stef