Re: GNUstep + libicu on Windows

From: Stefan Bidi
Subject: Re: GNUstep + libicu on Windows
Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2011 10:05:16 -0600

Yeah, that's a problem because ICU, by default, uses strict ansi and MinGW doesn't define a bunch of stuff in ANSI mode.  To configure:

./configure --prefix=/mingw --libdir=/mingw/bin --disable-strict

That should work and install everything where MinGW expects it to be.

On Sat, Feb 5, 2011 at 9:52 AM, Richard Frith-Macdonald <address@hidden> wrote:

On 5 Feb 2011, at 16:20, Stefan Bidi wrote:

> You should just be able to do "patch -p1 -i icu4c-4_6-mingw-gnustep.diff" inside the icu/ dir.
>
> I just downloaded icu4c-4_6-src.tgz and the patch failed.  However, I also downloaded icu4c-4_6-src.zip and applied the patch successfully.  There seems to be some difference between the two and I'm not sure what it is.  A diff -ur between the extracted tgz and zip outputs a plethora of differences (probably new-line characters).
>
> Anyway, the patch seems to only work with the .zip file

Brilliant ... using the zip file works for me.
But what arguments did you use to configure it?  I tried just running configure and then make in the source directory, but the compile is failing saying that '::_stricmp' has not been declared.
When I get more time I'll try to figure out why.