Re: Heads Up: ABI Change

From: Stefan Bidi
Subject: Re: Heads Up: ABI Change
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2011 17:50:44 -0600

On Fri, Feb 11, 2011 at 5:42 PM, David Chisnall <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi Stefan,

I've not looked at the code in detail, but I thought you were creating a private subclass for the old and new behaviours - would it not be possible to simply return a private subclass instance from the constructors and not change the ivar layout of the superclass?

I really haven't got a clue how to go about getting something like that done.  I'm still at the "getting my feet wet" stage of OOP + ObjC.  I'll have a look at how NSString and it's subclasses are implemented, but I'll probably need someone holding my hand, at least part of the way.