Re: [Gnustep-cvs] r32163 - /libs/gui/trunk/Source/NSWindow.m

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: [Gnustep-cvs] r32163 - /libs/gui/trunk/Source/NSWindow.m
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2011 10:24:08 +0100

Hi Wolfgang,

thank you for this tricky fix. This surely was a hard to track down bug.

Now with the fix in place it is a lot easier to think about the problem.
The main issue here seems to be that we need to track the content view
on two levels, once in the window and again in the decoration view.
Would it be possible to simplify this by only storing the content view
in the decoration view and getting it from there when needed? There
could be an issue with KVC and there might be other problems that I
currently don't see. But having code that need that much of
documentation to come along with it, is surely a sign for a possible
rewrite.

Cheers
Fred