Re: Thread question

From: Banlu Kemiyatorn
Subject: Re: Thread question
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2011 03:04:06 +0700

Hi, sorry, just delete a couple lines of code, was trying to get mail
shorter, here's the complete code

#include <unistd.h>
#import <Foundation/Foundation.h>
@interface MyObj:NSObject
@end

@implementation MyObj
- (void) launch
{
      // id p = [NSAutoreleasePool new];
       NSLog(@"x");
       //[p release];
}
@end

int main (int argc, const char * argv[]) {
       id p = [NSAutoreleasePool new];

       id obj = [MyObj new];
       [NSThread detachNewThreadSelector:@selector(launch)
toTarget:obj withObject:nil];
       [NSThread detachNewThreadSelector:@selector(launch)
toTarget:obj withObject:nil];

sleep(20);
return 0;
}

>> I got
>>  Uncaught exception NSLockException, reason: failed to unlock mutex
>> But if I NSLock NSLog, it will log 2 "x"
>> Does this mean NSLog isn't thread-safe? or what do I miss?
>
> NSLog should be thread-safe.
>
> The code you provide is incomplete and certainly won't even compile, so we
> can't really tell what your problem might be.
>
> Please write a complete testcase demonstrating what your problem is...
>
> You can get the latest gnustep-make from svn trunk and try 'gnustep-tests
> --help' to get started ...
> There are example tests in $GNUSTEP_MAKEFILES/TestFramework

Thanks.

--
    .----.     Banlu Kemiyatorn
  \/      \/   http://groundzerostudiocomplex.blogspot.com (Studio Research)