Re: GNUstep, Google Summer of Code, and an idea

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: GNUstep, Google Summer of Code, and an idea
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2011 10:44:24 +0100

On 22.03.2011 15:02, Adam Fedor wrote:

On Mar 21, 2011, at 3:56 PM, Fred Kiefer wrote:

On 20.03.2011 20:46, Denis Washington wrote:
I have seen that the GNU project has been accepted for this
year's Google Summer of Code, but the ideas list does not list
anything related to GNUstep. Does that mean that the GNUstep
project will not mentor any students?

He is right, we already are rather late in the GSoC time line[1]
and we didn't even contact the GNU people [2] and told them that we
want to participate. I think Adam sorted that our last year. Maybe
it still isn't to late to apply with GNU? Anybody willing to
contact them? Greg, Adam, Lars? I may not be the best person for
that this year, having stolen half the GNU dinner reservation at
FOSDEM :-)

Sorry, I though some one else was going to handle it.  I'm on
vacation now so it would be hard for me.  But it should be relatively
easy to find the GNU GSoC administrator on the GSoC site and contact
them about it.

After Adam and Lars don't have time for this (And Greg didn't even
reply), I send a short mail to the GNU team that we would like to
participate under their umbrella. Maybe this still works out. I also set
up a page in our wiki for GSoC 2011
http://wiki.gnustep.org/index.php/Summer_Of_Code_2011. This is currently
mostly a copy from last years page. Could everybody please join in an
update this page as well as the page with the general ideas for GSoC?