Re: GNUstep, Google Summer of Code, and an idea

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: GNUstep, Google Summer of Code, and an idea
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2011 19:20:09 +0200

Hi,
- Finishing NSTextTable, NSTextTableBlock, NSTextList,&  NSTextBlock and adding
relevant UI components (e.g. OS X has some inspectors for these that let you create
tables and lists in a text view).
I was going to suggest these too... They would help SWK to catch up with its mac counterpart and make it less ridiculous under gnustep :) I am not able to mentor such thing though, since I have almost no idea of the internals and I remember the discussions between Fred and Nikolaus of it not being too easy. Ti was the topic of two *step hacking meetings.

Do you think it is possible to add also certain task of the GAP project? Like a native obj-c library for the googletalk xmpp protocol? Or working on some of the GAP applications with precise tasks? I could offer mentoring again for those. However it is difficult to judge a task that spawns 3 months. it depends a lot on the preparation of the student, if he starts from ground up or has some cocoa knowledge.

Riccardo