Test results from base Linux/PPC

From: Wolfgang Lux
Subject: Test results from base Linux/PPC
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2011 16:56:54 +0200

Running the tests on a freshly installed Ubuntu Lucid Lynx, I got

  5671 Passed tests
     14 Dashed hopes
      3 Failed tests

The three failed tests are
--- Running tests in base/coding ---

base/coding/decoding.m:
Failed test:     decoding.m:197 ... decoding version 0 of class NSData
Failed test: decoding.m:197 ... decoding version 0 of class NSMutableData

--- Running tests in base/NSNumber ---

base/NSNumber/test00.m:
Failed test:     test00.m:111 ... NSDecimalNumber charValue works

The latter of these fails due to a mismatch between signed and unsigned char. The test uses
  (char)200 == [val1 charValue]
The result of charValue is signed char, but char is unsigned by default on powerpc. For the former I don't know the cause (and can't debug ATM, since gdb simply crashes on this system).

Wolfgang