Re: Windows Drag & Drop

From: Eric Wasylishen
Subject: Re: Windows Drag & Drop
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2011 14:00:29 -0600

Hi Daniel,
Unfortunately, it looks like drag-and-drop isn't implemented on Windows. :-(

I dug up some references that might be useful for someone implementing it:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms649013%28v=vs.85%29.aspx
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms692464%28v=VS.85%29.aspx
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb776905%28v=VS.85%29.aspx
http://git.gnome.org/browse/gtk+/tree/gdk/win32/gdkdnd-win32.c

You have to do some COM stuff.. it looks like it might be easier to do in C++,
but the GDK implementation does it in pure C. It would be really nice to have
this working!

Cheers,
Eric