Re: New release tagged

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: New release tagged
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2011 11:00:54 +0200

On 14.04.2011 05:06, Adam Fedor wrote:
FYI, I've tagged the new release of the core libraries so feel free to commit
patches to the trunk again.

Thank you very much for making this release! And what a release it will be. I think this is the best tested release GNUstep has ever had. For this I would like to thank Richard for providing the wonderful test framework. I promise that gui will make better use of this for the next release. And I want to thank David as well for supplying the static code analysis for all the core components. This tool has plenty of bugs and I complained a lot about them. But it helped fix a huge amount of obscure bugs in GNUstep that went unnoticed for a long time.

Let's package up the new release and put the word out there that it is available. And it is not just a bug fix release. When I look at all the great stuff that Wolfgang did for gui I am still impressed and then there is the theme code that Greg put in. And Quentin's flipped drawing fix, Eric's work on the layout mechanism and so much more new stuff in gui alone. We really have reasons to proud on this release.