Re: GnomeTheme and "assert" symbol lookup

From: Ivan Vučica
Subject: Re: GnomeTheme and "assert" symbol lookup
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2011 15:04:27 +0200

Hi,

On Sat, Apr 16, 2011 at 12:51, Quentin Mathé <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi Ivan,

Le 15 avr. 2011 à 12:21, Ivan Vučica a écrit :

> Hi!
>
> I've just compiled GnomeTheme from SVN under Debian. I've reconfigured GNUstep to use clang to compile (which is probably not the same compiler that is used for building GNUstep .deb packages by the maintainer), but I believe I used this setup before as well.
>
> Now, as soon as I switch theme to GnomeTheme using SystemPreferences, I get this:
>
> SystemPreferences: symbol lookup error: /usr/local/lib/GNUstep/Themes/GnomeTheme.theme/./GnomeTheme: undefined symbol: assert
>
> It's not a big deal since Debian has old GNUstep (1.20 base, 0.18 gui), but it has worked before, and assert() is a weird thing to fail on. Any ideas?

I have encountered this bug on Ubuntu during the last year, but that was with Étoilé code base not GNUstep. The fix was to include assert.h as documented in the Linux man page.
It was working fine in the past on Ubuntu without including assert.h, but this has changed recently. I'm not sure whether this is due to a Linux or compiler change.

Cheers,
Quentin.

in the meantime I installed complete GNUstep from source, so everything works :-)

--
Ivan Vučica
address@hidden