Re: Deadlock in base/Tests/base/NSObject/initialize.m

From: David Chisnall
Subject: Re: Deadlock in base/Tests/base/NSObject/initialize.m
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2011 15:40:16 +0100

On 29 Apr 2011, at 15:26, Philippe Roussel wrote:

> Using gcc 4.4.5 I get a deadlock with the system's libojbc and with
> libobjc2. Stacktraces are similar for both cases :

Are you using trunk libobjc2?  This test passes for me (also passes on OS X).
I thought I puts timeouts in the correct places for it to timeout and give up,
rather than deadlock, but maybe I missed one.  Probably the easiest thing to do
is just add a call to alarm() so that the test gets a signal and dies after 10
seconds if it hasn't already finished (takes about 3 seconds to run correctly -
there's lots of sleeping in there to make sure that the threads have definitely
caught up with each other).

David

-- Sent from my brain