Default command key under X11

From: Eric Wasylishen
Subject: Default command key under X11
Date: Sun, 1 May 2011 21:36:35 -0600

Hey,

Why don't we change the default command key under X11 to Control?

My reasoning is that the most important uses of keyboard modifiers (by far) are
the CUA key combinations like ctrl+c for copy, ctrl-v for paste, ctrl+z for
undo, etc., and since every other X11 toolkit uses the Control key for these by
default, I think GS should as well. It's really jarring to have to switch
between Ctrl when using non-GNUstep apps and Alt when using GS apps. I know you
can configure this using user defaults, but we should be using settings that
fit in with gtk/qt by default, I think. Thoughts?

Cheers.
Eric