Re: group/ungroup in Gorm

From: Gregory Casamento
Subject: Re: group/ungroup in Gorm
Date: Fri, 6 May 2011 17:22:17 -0400

I can understand how this can be confusing and many people have asked
for it to be improved.

If you group a control in a subview (box, etc)... then you should be
able to access the subview by double clicking the view which contains
it.  This should turn the handles on the containing view black and you
should now be able to select the view/control inside.  Please try it,
and see if it works...

I have been thinking about changing this behavior so that if you click
on, say, an NSButton in an NSBox that the editor which holds the box
(Gorm uses editors to handle each element in the gui... the editors
define how the object is edited... i.e. how the element responds to
clicks) that it would select the NSButton instance.

The alternative is to better document this behavior so that it doesn't
confuse so many people.   But it would be nice if it could do this
since it's more natural.

Later, GC