Re: Image size, DPI (was Re: Gorm is broken)

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: Image size, DPI (was Re: Gorm is broken)
Date: Sun, 08 May 2011 01:32:58 +0200

Hi,
On a related note, I think the Cairo backend also rounds the coordinates of
path points - shouldn't we get rid of that as well?
I think that perhaps we should. But it is a delicate issue. Try Graphos:play with it drawing boxes and lines especially, check our various backends and check cocoa. Try different line widths. My impression is that on cairo everything is always blurred :) Xlib of course never since it has no anti-aliasing. But Cocoa isn't as "bad" as cairo, it usually looks fine for integer line widths.

-R