Re: [Gnustep-cvs] r32990 - in /libs/gui/trunk: ChangeLog Tests/gui/NSVie

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: [Gnustep-cvs] r32990 - in /libs/gui/trunk: ChangeLog Tests/gui/NSView/NSView_frame_bounds.m
Date: Mon, 09 May 2011 10:18:06 +0200

Author: ericwa
Date: Fri May  6 03:01:21 2011
New Revision: 32990

Log:
* Tests/gui/NSView/NSView_frame_bounds.m: Add some more tests
of setBoundsSize:. They are currently failing (but pass on
OS X).

Modified:
     libs/gui/trunk/ChangeLog
     libs/gui/trunk/Tests/gui/NSView/NSView_frame_bounds.m

Great tests! Thank you for adding them and for fixing the copy/paste bug you made in convertPoint:toView:

I think that the last remaining tests here a due to this comment in NSView setBoundsSize: (or rather the following test):

// This may seem strange, but Cocoa only adjusts the bounds, when there
// is no rotation

I don't really remember why I came up with this but I am pretty sure there was a reason for that at the time. We must have had a test case that showed on Cocoa this stupid behaviour. Maybe Apple fixed their framework in the meantime, or there still is a special case that needs to be taken care of. I will check with my private test code to see what the original argument was here. And if I find something, I will make it part of the official test code.