Re: Vespucci crash. NS_COUNT_HACK ?

From: David Chisnall
Subject: Re: Vespucci crash. NS_COUNT_HACK ?
Date: Thu, 12 May 2011 11:44:12 +0100

On 12 May 2011, at 11:37, Riccardo Mottola wrote:

> even if no significant changes were made to SWK and Vespucci lately, it
> stopped working properly.

As I recall, this code is supposed to set the segmentation fault handler, then
use __builtin_return_address() with increasing values until it hits a segfault,
and then catch the fault, jump out, and only use the previously-collected
values.

Your back trace in gdb is what I'd expect, but you need to hit c because gdb
will stop on any signal, even if it's one that is handled sensibly.  If this is
really where it's crashing, then it means that the signal handler is not being
correctly set, but it's probably crashing somewhere later.

David

-- Sent from my IBM 1620