Re: Moving the bug system to GNA....

From: Nicola Pero
Subject: Re: Moving the bug system to GNA....
Date: Mon, 23 May 2011 16:00:22 +0100

I simply would like to have things in one place.   Right now we're
spread between GNA and Savannah.

It sounds like a good idea - I support it.

But, I would recommend that:

* we put up extensive announcements on the web site, mailing list, etc.

* we try to migrate over the open bugs. I had a quick look in Savannah, and you can export all the bugs as an XML blob. So presumably, you'd export them in that format, then write a short script to import them all into the new one (using wget or curl ?). Unless GNA allows you to import
them in block, or the GNA developers are willing to help. :-)

* if there's nothing left in savannah, it may be worthwhile putting notices there pointing people to the GNA
system.

Thanks