Re: Moving the bug system to GNA....

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: Moving the bug system to GNA....
Date: Mon, 23 May 2011 19:13:25 +0200

Hi,

Gregory Casamento wrote:
Hey guys... this isn't a direct response to Nicola, I'm just adding a
few more thoughts here.

Simply put we either need GNUstep to be on either savannah or GNA.
My concern about moving it back to savannah is that it would be
disruptive for anyone who has GNUstep currently checked out.
Additionally, I would argue that if we were to make a move back to
savannah then a wholesale rethought regarding how the repository is
currently structured is in order since the way it is now is somewhat
convoluted.

I find it convoluted after years, so imagine your potential users you wave about.

That is, once checked out it works, but the original repository (as seen when using SVN browse for example) is a bit confusing.

So if you do the effort, do it well. I understand that there were reasons for the current setup, but I'd prefer a structure close to the layout you get once you check out all "modules".

By doing that, the change would not be even that much disruptive for users, a little more than a URL change.

Riccardo