Re: Issues on WindowMaker

From: Jamie Ramone
Subject: Re: Issues on WindowMaker
Date: Tue, 31 May 2011 08:15:29 -0300

I know that GCC can localize the messages, that can be enabled at
compile time. But I'm afraid I don't know how to choose the locale at
run time. Perhaps with the LANG environment variable (like $LANG=en_US
or something like that)? A lot of software, GNU included, seems to use
it for determining the locale. Also, in the documentation, did you
also check the GCC info pages. Distro speciffic docs like
pre-installed html how-to and intoduction manuals aren't always
helpfull when it comes to "under the hood" things.