Re: Issues on WindowMaker

From: Wolfgang Lux
Subject: Re: Issues on WindowMaker
Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2011 11:01:04 +0200

Germán Arias wrote:

On mié, 2011-06-01 at 23:09 +0200, Wolfgang Lux wrote:
This bug was introduced with
r33045 | ericwa | 2011-05-15 10:37:44 +0200 (Sun, 15 May 2011) | 14
lines

Implement the _NET_WM_SYNC_REQUEST protocol described here:
http://standards.freedesktop.org/wm-spec/1.3/ar01s06.html

Eric was writing an additional value to the protocols array of a
_gswindow_device_t struct but didn't care to increase the size of that
array :-(.

Fixed in svn. I've also added some code to make it easier to track
down such errors in the future.

Wolfgang

After update it works perfectly, but after reboot my PC almost all
applications crash when you minimize a window, and you lost the app if
you hide it.

Hi German,

I cannot reproduce your problems. The only issue that I've noticed is that the first application launched under WindowMaker does not get a proper application menu. But this is an instance of a known bug, which is reported here:
 http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?26438
See also http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?28465 for a workaround.

Wolfgang