Re: ICNS as default format

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: ICNS as default format
Date: Thu, 09 Jun 2011 11:14:14 +0200

Hi,

I agree with Fred. Supporting icns is fine for compatibility reasons, but it proved a format to be rather difficult to implement and a bit unportable. The current implementations has endianness and portability probelms (and the other one based on an external dependency was only marginally better).

Tiff is also a very well supported format: I love to be able to create icons and imagery in GIMP, photoshop or whatever else. I still find MacosX uncomfortable in that direction, especially since they removed even backward compatibility.

Riccardo