Re: ICNS as default format

From: Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller
Subject: Re: ICNS as default format
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2011 14:22:33 +0200

Am 09.06.2011 um 12:46 schrieb Ivan Vučica:

On Thu, Jun 9, 2011 at 11:14, Riccardo Mottola <address@hidden> wrote:
I still find MacosX uncomfortable in that direction, especially since they removed even backward compatibility.

Can you elaborate on the backward compatibility problems?

I know this is slightly off-topic since it's about Cocoa more than about GNUstep, but I've recently had issues under Tiger with seeing .icns produced under Snow Leopard: the .app simply doesn't have an icon under Tiger. Problem is, I haven't ran anywhere into anything detailing those issues or even mentioning their existence

SL (aka 10.6) has added some additional icon sizes (I think 256x256 and 512x512).
Most likely L (10.5) does not know about them. And if there are no smaller representations (<= 128x128) available, L doesn't know what to do.

But I don't know if Riccardo did mean that.

Nikolaus