supportsDrawGState

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: supportsDrawGState
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2011 14:41:40 +0200

I had to restrict the usage of the new image drawing mechanism for the cairo backend to the cases where the clipping region is representable as a list of rectangles. With the new drawing code we store and restore the GState and this only works correctly when the clipping region is composed of rectangles.

The problem became obvious in the JigSaw Application which is now part of GAP and which does use non-rectangular shapes for its pieces. These pieces where drawn incorrectly with the new drawing mechanism but correctly with the old one.

I would love to see a better solution for this, so feel free to suggest one.

Cheers