Re: signature problem

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: signature problem
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2011 09:46:07 +0200

On 20.06.2011 18:06, Riccardo Mottola wrote:
perhaps a change in GUI mismatched with BACK? I get these warnings on a
x86-64bit machine:

Calling [XGServer +_windowWithTag:] with incorrect signature. Method has
address@hidden@0:8i16,
selector has
address@hidden@0:8i16

No, this is an internal method of back that gui doesn't know about and as far as I can tell this hasn't anything to do with 64bit either. The only thing that comes to mind is the change to _gswindow_device_t that Wolfgang made a few days ago. Is it possible that your compiler is picking up an installed version of the header that still has the old smaller version of this data structure? Then it should help to redo the install and the next time the compilation should just work.

Which compiler are you using and is there any other output that hints at using the headers from the wrong place? I always hated that back installs its headers. These should never be used outside of back.