Re: Forwarding and the GNU runtime one more time (was ANN : GNUstep 2.6.

From: Nicola Pero
Subject: Re: Forwarding and the GNU runtime one more time (was ANN : GNUstep 2.6.0 for openSUSE 11.4)
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2011 12:23:19 +0200 (CEST)

> Calling the forward IMP directly uglies the stacktrace in gdb
> at least on OS X (and at least at the time I wrote the code),
> which was too confusing in the long run.

Ah ... interesting. ;-)

I don't think that should be a problem with the GNU runtime. :-)

The forwarding IMP you get is (should be) a normal function that you can call
without special consequences on the stacktrace.  It's exactly the same
function that gets called when forwarding is done during a normal method
invocation. ;-)

So, while it's harder to figure out if you're getting a forwarding IMP or a
normal
IMP with the GNU runtime, it also doesn't really matter.  They're both standard
functions that you can call.  There are no magical assembler tricks going on.
:-)

Thanks