Re: Start working on ORA bitmap support

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: Start working on ORA bitmap support
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2011 09:53:56 +0200

Hi,
Also, I started to write an NSImageRep subclass which calls Ghostscript via
NSTask to render ps/eps/pdf's. It's not a very elegant solution but there are
no other viable options I can see.
That's what GSPdf does, more or less, plus another small wrapper I need do understand better. YAP does the same as far as I could tell.

The PDF content inspector instead integrates xpdf through PDFKit, much faster and nicer, but the license is stupid and there is a lot of "duplication" between xpdf and AppKit (like fonts, etc).

Riccardo