Re: Pixel-aligned autoresizing

From: Eric Wasylishen
Subject: Re: Pixel-aligned autoresizing
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2011 01:34:15 -0600

On 2011-07-07, at 4:19 PM, Fred Kiefer wrote:

> On 07.07.2011 10:16, Eric Wasylishen wrote:
>> On a related note, I added a test case for autoresizing to
>> Tests/gui/NSView/NSView_autoresize_and_rounding.m.
>>
>> It looks like we have some differences from cocoa unrelated to
>> rounding, but related to how extra space is divided between the lower
>> margin, view size, and upper margin when NSViewMinXMargin or
>> MaxXMargin is combined with NSViewWidthSizable.
>
> I tried to fix the autoresizing behaviour and now it passes the first of your
> tests. Looks like we will need to add the pixel alignment to pass the second
> one :-)

Ok, great! I committed a slightly improved version of my rounding patch, and
now both tests pass.

It looks like switching to the proportional autoresizing has cause a few
glitches in gui; the colour pickers aren't showing up, and the font panel
doesn't resize properly when stretched horizontally. Hopefully these will be
easy to fix.

-Eric