Re: Pixel-aligned autoresizing

From: Philippe Roussel
Subject: Re: Pixel-aligned autoresizing
Date: Sat, 09 Jul 2011 13:56:17 +0200

Hi all,

Le samedi 09 juillet 2011 à 00:54 +0200, Fred Kiefer a écrit :
> On 08.07.2011 23:56, Eric Wasylishen wrote:

[snip]

> > I think it's safe to do. I went ahead and removed most of the
> rounding in cairo. If it causes serious problems we can always revert
> but things look OK to me. Also, the PixelExactDrawing-test is now very
> close to Cocoa.
>
> Eric,
>
> thank you very much for the great work you are doing here!

Maybe I'm not responding to the right thread but I just updated to svn
revision 33493 and I'm observing a strange drawing behaviour.

In the calendar view of SimpleAgenda I'm using 4 bitmap NSButtons to
implement the arrows used to navigate between months. The 2 screenshots
attached show how those arrows are moving up and down when resizing the
main window (between the 2 pictures I only changed the vertical size).

The 4 bitmaps have an odd vertical size (9 and 11) and the 4 NSButtons
have an even vertical size (20) and I understand that it's impossible to
center a 9 pixels bitmap in a 20 pixel button but I don't understand why
the bitmap's position change when resizing the window.

Of course when using an odd button size the bitmaps don't move so I just
have to clean my own mess to fix this !

Thanks,
Philippe