Re: Graphics Rounding (was Re: Pixel-aligned autoresizing)

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: Graphics Rounding (was Re: Pixel-aligned autoresizing)
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2011 20:33:32 +0200

Hi,

Note that with steps of 0.1 you will not see the round-to-nearest-even behavior, as it will not trip on the exact halfway points due to rounding errors. Increment by 0.25 to check whether round-to-nearest-even is in action.

Perhaps indeed, however Eric already has proven rounding to be too system depended to be reliable for our use. While reading the documentation I thought it to be more consistent.

I don't know how portable the function to set the rounding direction is. Perhaps it makes sense to round, but set the behaviour. I suppose both round up or down work, it is round-to-nearest-even which is undesirable for graphics.

Riccardo