trouble with back's configure.ac

From: Eric Wasylishen
Subject: trouble with back's configure.ac
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2011 13:14:16 -0600

Hi,
I added Xcursor support to the -imagecursor::: method in back/x11 so you can
use RGBA cursor images in your code (-[NSCursor initWithImage:hotSpot:]).

I was trying to add a configure test for Xcursor, but I'm getting errors when I
run autoreconf (without modifying configure.ac):

address@hidden:~/gnustep/core/back$ autoreconf
Use of uninitialized value $macro in exists at /usr/bin/aclocal line 694,
<GEN97> line 8.
Use of uninitialized value $macro in string eq at /usr/bin/aclocal line 696,
<GEN97> line 8.
Use of uninitialized value $macro in string eq at /usr/bin/aclocal line 696,
<GEN97> line 8.
Use of uninitialized value $macro in string eq at /usr/bin/aclocal line 696,
<GEN97> line 8.
Use of uninitialized value $macro in string eq at /usr/bin/aclocal line 701,
<GEN97> line 8.

< ...more of the same kind of errors... >

Use of uninitialized value $macro in exists at /usr/bin/aclocal line 694,
<GEN97> line 160.
Use of uninitialized value $macro in string eq at /usr/bin/aclocal line 696,
<GEN97> line 160.
Use of uninitialized value $macro in string eq at /usr/bin/aclocal line 696,
<GEN97> line 160.
Use of uninitialized value $macro in string eq at /usr/bin/aclocal line 696,
<GEN97> line 160.
Use of uninitialized value $macro in string eq at /usr/bin/aclocal line 701,
<GEN97> line 160.
configure.ac:209: error: possibly undefined macro: PKG_XFT
      See the Autoconf documentation.
configure.ac:389: error: possibly undefined macro: PKG_CAIRO
configure.ac:391: error: possibly undefined macro: PKG_CAIRO_FT
configure.ac:393: error: possibly undefined macro: PKG_CAIRO_XLIB
configure.ac:397: error: possibly undefined macro: PKG_CAIRO_GLITZ
autoreconf: /usr/bin/autoconf failed with exit status: 1
address@hidden:~/gnustep/core/back$

Is anyone else getting this? If it's something wrong with my system I wonder if
someone could
help me add a configure test for Xcursor. It should be a simple
PKG_CHECK_MODULES invocation.
The pkg-config module name is 'xcursor', and the code in XGServerWindow.m
compiles based on:
#if HAVE_XCURSOR

Thanks,
Eric