Re: ObjC2 includes

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: ObjC2 includes
Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2011 06:34:52 +0100

On 15 Jul 2011, at 22:01, Stefan Bidi wrote:

> So... what is the correct way?  My version of libobjc doesn't include a
> <objc/runtime.h>, and apparently <ObjectiveC2/runtime.h> isn't available
> everywhere.

As  understand it, the 'standard' (ie as provided by OSX) is to include
runtime.h for using  the ObjC2 API.

So the way it's supposed to work is that either you have a 'real' ObjC2 runtime
library (with runtime.h) or you have the ObjectiveC2 compatibility library
installed (with runtime.h) ... so a version or runtime.h *should* be available
everywhere.

In both cases, your headers include runtime.h ... and your build flags (-I...)
specify the location of the runtime.h file on your particular system.