Re: WebServer: caching responses

From: Nicola Pero
Subject: Re: WebServer: caching responses
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2011 23:00:12 +0100

> We are not sure yet whether we want to use WebServer as a replacement
> for Apache or whether we will try implement an Apache module to merely
> pass us the application specific requests.

There is a third alternative, which is using Apache as a reverse proxy in front
of your Objective-C web server.  That's the standard enterprise setup for these
things.  It's great for performance.

And, to answer your question, in that setup, if your Objective-C web server
properly
sets the caching headers for static data, Apache (if you enable mod_cache etc)
will
automatically cache it for you.

Thanks