Re: Help compiling 3rd party library: undefined reference error

From: Eric Wasylishen
Subject: Re: Help compiling 3rd party library: undefined reference error
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2011 14:54:15 -0600

Hi Nicolaus,

This looks like a bug in cocos2d-GNUstep, because GNUstep doesn't currently provide CGRect functions like CGRectEqualToRect. In general you can't use CoreGraphics functions in GNUstep. (We do use the CGFloat type since it's the main float type in AppKit, but that's about it.)

I had a look at cocos2d-GNUstep and it looks like there are various compatibility macros in ./src/cocostep/UIKit/CGGeometry.h which map CG types to NS types, so they probably forgot to add CGRectEqualToRect there. Maybe you could file a bug report on their githubpage?

FYI, for those who didn't know what cocos2d-GNUstep was, it looks like a gnustep port of an iPhone game development library:  https://github.com/ANindie/cocos2d-GNUstep
Looks really cool!

Hope this helps,
-Eric

P.S. We have a partial implementation of CoreGraphics in our subversion repository at svn://svn.gna.org/svn/gnustep/libs/opal/trunk, but it can't be used in conjunction with AppKit so it's not much use at the moment.