Re: NSException.m: _objc_unexpected_exception undeclared

From: Ivan Vučica
Subject: Re: NSException.m: _objc_unexpected_exception undeclared
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2011 17:52:33 +0200

On Fri, Aug 12, 2011 at 13:08, Nicola Pero <address@hidden> wrote:
I guess the only explanation I can think of is that a different runtime is being used during the configure stage
and during the actual compilation stage.  Do you have multiple runtimes installed ?  How do you switch from
one to the other ?

I had GCC 4.3, 4.5 and 4.6 installed. I removed gobjc-4.3 and gobjc-4.5 Debian packages.

However, I suspect that the actual confusion was with GNUstep's libobjc2, which I apparently previously managed to install to /usr/local/lib, and which apparently was used at time of configuration, but not at time of compilation.

In any case, removing gobjc-4.3, gobjc-4.5 and GNUstep's libobjc2 seems to have done the trick.

It may be worth investigating why the mixup was occurring and if it's avoidable.
--
Ivan Vučica - address@hidden