Re: Base status

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: Base status
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2011 10:47:36 +0200

On 15.08.2011 13:03, Fred Kiefer wrote:
On my Windows XP running in a VMware with GNUstep for MinGW things don't
look that well. I have 47 failed tests and one failed build. It looks
like everything related to character encodings, NSJSONSerialization and
NSURL is failing. I will look into this in more detail and report back.

These tests were done with an old installation of MinGW. I switched to the new one yesterday and now the results look even worse :-(

I have about 1400 failed tests, luckily most of these come from one single NSURL test. Attached you will find the the test logs.

There are a few worrying tests here. For example we get a warning about -isClass when compiling the file NSObject/test01.m and both these tests there fail. (The first test in this file actually tests +isClass)

I don't quite understand the test in NSObject/initialize.m, but MinGW doesn't have SIGALRM, we will need to have a compile time check there.

Plenty of the GSMime tests fail, but I am not sure whether this is related to Richard's recent changes.

We also have problems with NSDecimalNumber and NSNumberFormatter. The later may be due to ICU bugs on MinGW.

There is also a more general issue on MinGW. When compiling the source we get plenty of warnings. These are caused by passing a char* pointer into Windows functions that expect wide characters. We introduced the type GSNativeChar to work around the issue that -fileSystemRepresentation should return a wide character pointer on Windows, but we need to use this type for all the temporary variables as well. Not sure, whether we should address this before the next release though.