Re: Cygwin / Base and TMP dir

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: Cygwin / Base and TMP dir
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2011 09:59:14 +0200

Hi,

Fred Kiefer wrote:
I don't remember whether we use fake main for Cygwin or have another mechanism to get the environment and the arguments. You should try and add some print statements in the NSProcessInfo code that parses the environment. In the end it may well be that Cygwin itself already screws up the environment. Cygwin tries to convert Windows path to Unix ones. The help on this subject (http://www.cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/setup-env.html) really isn't much.

We have an obsolete #ifdef for cygwin which forces tmp to /cygdrive/c which I will remove. However the document you link specifies that to avoid problem, the variables TEMP and TMP should be set to /tmp, which is my case already. So not very useful.
I think the simplest solution is just to unset TEMP
short-term probably yes, I'll unset it and rerun the tests to get a clean error about the bundle problem.

Riccardo