Re: Base status

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: Base status
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2011 11:45:41 +0200

I really would like to see the 1400 test errors we get on MinGW reduced before the next release. As far as I can tell most of this boil down to GSMime issues (The NSURL test seems to be a result of that as well). Even the most simple test in GSMime build.m produces the wrong result. Only the last header and the content get reported as the rawMimeData.

As debuggin on MinGW is a rather annoying task, especially when done in a virtual machine, I looked through the code at GSMime to find any MinGW specific issue and there aren't any. So I furteher tracked this down until I got to the method -headerNamed: which always returned the first element what ever the given name was. There we use this horrible optimisation of implementation caching. Fine if done correctly, but here we use the type IMP to cache a method that returns a BOOL not an object. I will fix this later on and give the MinGW testing another try. in GSMime.m I could see about five of this misuses of IMP and we will have to check the rest of base as well.

Still no idea why this breaks on MinGW but seems to work on most other systems.

Fred