Re: [patch] corebase/pyobjc

From: Matt Rice
Subject: Re: [patch] corebase/pyobjc
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2011 18:16:06 -0700

On Mon, Aug 29, 2011 at 5:17 PM, Stefan Bidi <address@hidden> wrote:
> I wasn't really following the previous string of e-mails (perhaps I should
> have).  Can you give me an overview of what the problem is and why
> initializing CF in [NSCFType+load] doesn't work?

http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc/What-you-can-and-what-you-cannot-do-in-_002bload.html

e.g. NSCFType is not a subclass of NSCFString nor implemented in the
same file, thus the call to CFStringInitialize should be moved to
NSCFString +load.

that documentation doesn't seem to say you can't call objc_getClass(),
apparently you cannot... so the NSNull I added is broken also, its
just not crashing.
it's of the "In particular, the following things, even if they can
work in a particular case, are not guaranteed:" variety.

those were the 2 things that popped out at me looking through
CF*Initialize but i'm not all that familiar with the library.