Re: OpenBSD: Services problems

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: OpenBSD: Services problems
Date: Fri, 09 Sep 2011 20:56:21 +0200

Hi,
I fully agree that this change looks like the correct solution.

Riccardo, can you confirm that this fixes the problem for you?

Anybody willing to add a test that checks this behaviour?
sadly, not totally. OpenBSD/x86 with gcc 4.2 works
FreeBSD/x86 with gcc 4.2.1 work

NetBSD/x86 with gcc 4.1 appears not to work.

It is the same platform where GWorkspace currently is acting up, sicne I notice that using NSService opens GWorkspace, it may be malfunctioning, howere I get the exception:

Failed to contact service provider for 'Open URL in Vespucci': -[nil openURL:userData:error:]: unrecognized selector sent to instance (null)

(the two services I use to test are: Open URL with a selected URL and open terminal here from GWorkspace, since the latter doesn't display views and docks, I can't use it on NetBSD currently)

I have another netbsd box and will test there, it is an older release. Once things work fine on "fast" platforms I'll test on the sparc boxen.

Riccardo