Re: OpenBSD: Services problems

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: OpenBSD: Services problems
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2011 01:44:03 +0200

Hi,
I fully agree that this change looks like the correct solution.

Riccardo, can you confirm that this fixes the problem for you?

Ok, I need to rebuild all core components and also the application(s) to test this. I didn't rebuild gworkspace at first on some computers and this caused problems.

The status is:

on x86-32 computers, everything works fine. Where it didn't it works, where it did, it continues to work.
I tested NetBSD4, NetBSD 5.99, OpenBSD 4.9, FreeBSD 8.
I have yet to try on linux, but I suppose since almost everybody use that, that it is already tested (but you never know).

On both sparc32 machines, both Open- and Net- BSD I get the errors reported in the other mail.

I could not test Linux-64 because no application starts, only segfaults, I will report separately on that.

I also need to test MinGW.

Riccardo