Re: Problems with back configure

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: Problems with back configure
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2011 10:24:25 +0200

On 19.10.2011 09:14, Richard Frith-Macdonald wrote:

On 19 Oct 2011, at 07:54, Fred Kiefer wrote:

On 18.10.2011 19:43, Richard Frith-Macdonald wrote:

On 18 Oct 2011, at 16:24, Fred Kiefer wrote:

I regenerated the configure file yesterday when I added the code to check for
the Xshape extension. Maybe my autoconf version was to new or buggy. Could you
or somebody elee try to regenerate that file and see if this changes anything?

I guess there *is* a problem with your autoconf.  I regenerated it, tried it
out, and committed the newly regenerated version.

There are too many changes in this commit to really understand what went wrong
with my version. In future I need to have others check the results of an
autoconf run on my computer. We probably should check all the autoconf versions
between 2.63 and 2.68 to find out which work and which don't, but then it might
still be relate to my whole environment and not just to autoconf...

For what it's worth, the autoconf I used was from CentOS-5.7 and identifies
itself as version 2.63

That number was already in the resulting configure file :-)
I think the problematic change was at 2.64 which requires a newer release of m4 and uses some shell short cuts.