migration to CGFloat for NSColor?

From: Eric Wasylishen
Subject: migration to CGFloat for NSColor?
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2011 13:00:25 -0600

Hi,
I started writing a patch to migrate NSColor to use CGFloat (in response to the
bug report about -getComponents: taking a pointer to floats julian reported.)
Of course, doing this will break any application code which uses that method.
Do we want to do this? My feeling is, it is better to do it now than to
postpone the change. I had to make updates in the color pickers,
NSBitmapImageRep, and also updated the private -[NSGraphicsContext
GSSetStroke/FillColor:] method to take CGFloat.

There are also a lot of DPS/PS functions that take pointers to floats (for both
setting colors, and font advances) - I guess those should not be modified,
since that would break older OpenStep applications.

Thoughts?
Eric