preview: new macports ports

From: Eric Wasylishen
Subject: preview: new macports ports
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 12:53:45 -0600

Hi,

I started a new set of macports ports. If you want to try it you can check out
a copy of the git repository here:
https://github.com/ericwa/gnustep-macports-fixes and then set up that directory
as a local portfile repository (see
http://guide.macports.org/#development.local-repositories).

So far I've gotten gnustep-base-devel (which checks out the latest version of
base from svn) to work quite well for me on OS X 10.6. The port uses
macports-gcc-4.6 as a compiler. One nice thing - at least for 64-bit 10.6 - is
macports has binary packages for most of the dependencies now, so you can try
it out in a few minutes instead of a few hours.

Here are the test results I got from base:

6361 Passed tests
  16 Dashed hopes
   7 Failed tests
   1 Skipped set

Failed test:     NSGeometry1.m:102 ... In MacOSX geometry compat mode
Failed test:     create.m:26 ... +hostWithName: works for IPV6 addr
Failed test:       initialize.m:139 ... inherited +initialize is called
automatically
Failed test:     performers.m:49 ...
-performSelector:target:argument:order:modes: only sends the message once
Failed test:     performers.m:65 ...
-performSelector:target:argument:order:modes: orders performers correctly
Failed test:     performers.m:89 ... -cancelPerformSelector:target:argument:
works
Failed test:     thread.m:193 ... A loop with an input source will block
Dashed hope:     test02.m:284 ... foo->bar relative symlink not expanded by
stringByResolvingSymlinksInPath
Dashed hope:       children.m:26 ... NSXML child handling working.
Dashed hope:       class_hierarchy.m:42 ... root class's metaclass is also its
metaclass's metaclass
Dashed hope:       class_hierarchy.m:43 ... Root class is its metaclass's
superclass
Dashed hope:       class_hierarchy.m:42 ... root class's metaclass is also its
metaclass's metaclass
Dashed hope:       class_hierarchy.m:43 ... Root class is its metaclass's
superclass
Dashed hope:       class_hierarchy.m:42 ... root class's metaclass is also its
metaclass's metaclass
Dashed hope:       class_hierarchy.m:43 ... Root class is its metaclass's
superclass
Dashed hope:       class_hierarchy.m:74 ... Metaclass's metaclass is root
class's metaclass
Dashed hope:       class_hierarchy.m:74 ... Metaclass's metaclass is root
class's metaclass
Dashed hope:       class_hierarchy.m:74 ... Metaclass's metaclass is root
class's metaclass
Dashed hope:       class_hierarchy.m:74 ... Metaclass's metaclass is root
class's metaclass
Dashed hope:     basic.m:53 ... working callStackSymbols ... if this has failed
it is probably due to a lack of support for objective-c method names (local
symbols) in the backtrace_symbols() function of your libc. If so, you might
lobby your operating system provider for a fix.
Dashed hope:       general.m:125 ... Canonical identifier for 'AmericanEnglish
is americanenglish
Dashed hope:       general.m:128 ... Canonical language identifier for
'AmericanEnglish is americanenglish
Dashed hope:       initialize.m:114 ... +initialize runs concurrently
Skipped set:       socket.m 146 ... NSStream SSL functions not supported

--Eric