Re: preview: new macports ports

From: Eric Wasylishen
Subject: Re: preview: new macports ports
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2011 11:33:59 -0700

On 2011-11-08, at 1:59 PM, Ivan Vučica wrote:

> Hi Eric,
>
> I'm unable to build GNUstep due to no fault of your own: compiling gcc46
> fails in the linking phase of libgcc_s.1.dylib. This is on Snow Leopard.
> Apparently gcc46 uses its own linker to link this library.
>
> For now, I am giving up. Can some older GCC be used if I am not interested in
> objc2.0 niceties?

Hm, too bad. :-( When I install gcc46 on 10.6, macports uses this precompiled
binary: http://packages.macports.org/gcc46/gcc46-4.6.2_0.darwin_10.x86_64.tbz2
, but maybe your system is not x86_64?

I tried gcc44 and it doesn't work, unfortunately. Something wrong with
detecting native exceptions.

Eric