Fwd: gnustep-base create $HOME/GNUstep/Library

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Fwd: gnustep-base create $HOME/GNUstep/Library
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2011 08:25:46 +0000

Begin forwarded message:

From: Julián Moreno Patiño <address@hidden>
Date: 13 November 2011 21:58:31 GMT
Subject: gnustep-base create $HOME/GNUstep/Library

Hi Dear GNUstep Developers,

I co-maintain open source unar package in GNU Debian (decompress rar files), it uses NSDate class. We want to avoid the creation of  $HOME/GNUstep/Library (it's created automatically by gnustep-base), because is not used by unar, are there a function, parameter or atribute to avoid this ?.

Thank you so much for your help.

This sort of thing is a recurring (though infrequent) issue ... people who don't expect/want to see a GNUstep directory in their home directory, and who (often) actively dislike the presence of anything other than the folders they are force to have by their operating system.  My impression is that the objection arises basically a certain sense of 'tidiness'.

Why don't we just change to using .GNUstep instead of GNUstep by default?