Incompatible compiler option fexec-charset

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Incompatible compiler option fexec-charset
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2011 10:37:35 +0100

Hi,

when compiling current base on ol' gcc I get:

Making all for subproject Additions...
 Compiling file GSMime.m ...
cc1obj: Invalid option `-fexec-charset=UTF-8'
GSMime.m: In function `-[GSMimeQuotedDecoderContext decodeData:length:intoData:]':
GSMime.m:733: warning: `val' might be used uninitialized in this function
gmake[4]: *** [obj/Additions.obj/GSMime.m.o] Error 1

Can this be avoided, perhaps there is an option to turn it off?

I don't know when this option was introduced actually. I am running compilation on gcc 2.95 once again because since we missed to do a timed gui/back release with base, Fred proposed to release base again, since it apparently contains fixed but not yet big incompatible changes, instead of testing current gui/back against the last base release. It's just one idea of course.

After this syncronized release, I plan to remove some gcc 2.95 macro cruft I introduced for its support.

Generally speaking, I think it would be good to try o time releases of core more together.

Riccardo