Compile issues

From: Jackie Gleason
Subject: Compile issues
Date: Sun, 4 Dec 2011 12:16:11 -0500

First of all I am relatively new to C so some of the things I say maybe duh mistakes.

I am trying to compile GNUStep using a custom Toolchain I built for Android. I am just looking to make the shared libraries and headers I need to allow for use of Foundation. So I go into the base directory under the base directory I run the following....

./configure --prefix=/home/jackie/tmp/gnustep/base --host=armeb CC="/home/jackie/Development/Google/AndroidNDK/android-ndk-r6b/toolchains/arm-linux-androideabi-4.6.1/prebuilt/linux-x86_64/bin/arm-linux-androideabi-gcc" CPP_FLAGS="-I/home/jackie/Development/Google/AndroidNDK/android-ndk-r6b/platforms/android-8/arch-arm/usr/include/" CFLAGS="-nostdlib -I/home/jackie/Development/Google/AndroidNDK/android-ndk-r6b/platforms/android-8/arch-arm/usr/include/" LDFLAGS="-Wl,-rpath-link=/home/jackie/Development/Google/AndroidNDK/android-ndk-r6b/platforms/android-8/arch-arm/usr/lib -L/home/jackie/Development/Google/AndroidNDK/android-ndk-r6b/platforms/android-8/arch-arm/usr/lib" LIBS="-lc"

I get the following issue...

checking for pthread_join in -lpthread... no
configure: error: Unable to find pthread library (needed for thread support).

I know some pthread stuff doesn't work on Bionic but I thought that join shouldn't be an issue per...

http://groups.google.com/group/android-platform/browse_thread/thread/0aad393da2da65b1?pli=1

Anyone able to help me with what I am doing wrong? Am I linking something wrong? If I go into make folder and run configure from there it works but only generates the executables.

Thanks